Download low-cost CAM software
The DeskProto Entry edition offers 3D CNC at a very low priceThe DeskProto Entry Edition offers all CNC machining options that are present in the Free edition, with a few important additions:
- Multiple parts in one project
- Multiple operations in one part
- Roughing (roughing layers and a roughing skin or allowance) for all three toolpath types.
- Pocketing and Drilling for Vector machining.
The DeskProto Entry edition is meant for users having a low budget and need an affordable CAM program. Still quite complex models can be produced, like the Coat-of-Arms model shown below (this 3D geometry is a FREE model that you can download).
Hobbyist users and schools that have a bit higher budget can also look at a hobby license / educational license for the DeskProto Multi-Axis edition.
All in DP Entry: 3D toolpaths for the relief, 2D paths for the name, the clock is a bitmap.
Extra functionality in the DeskProto Entry EditionThe DeskProto Entry Edition is in fact the same program as the two higher editions, however without the advanced parameters meant for the more experienced users. So the number of available options has been reduced for the Entry edition, all other functionality is identical to Expert and Multi-axis. In order to compare all editions you can use the comparison table.
The DeskProto Entry offers al functions listed for the Free edition, with four inportant additions:
- Using more than one part makes it possible to for instance create toolpaths for two different halves of a geometry (like the left halve and the right halve of a drilling machine), or to build a high model in separate slices
- Using more than one operation makes it possible to create operations for roughing, finishing and detailing a a part
- Roughing layers are required when the part is higher than the cutting length of the cutter. For many materials using layers will be needed anyway to keep the cutting forces acceptable. Using a roughing skin will lead to a higher quality of the resulting surface.
- Pocketing means removing all material within a closed curve (vector machining). For instance when machining a logo like the DeskProto logo in the image above.
Banner advertisement for DP Entry, featuring the free Coat-Of-Arms model from this website.
DeskProto Entry edition application exampleThe Gallery on this website shows many amazing projects, like this fish model.
This model was made by an 11-year-old student at Peace Lutheran College (Australia), using DeskProto Entry (or in fact its predecessor DP Lite). For very young students the Entry edition is better suited than Expert or Multi-Axis, as it offers less options. The students at Peace College have reached amazing results, supported by an enthusiastic teacher.
In order to facilitate such use, for schools DeskProto Entry is also available in a Class-pack: a bundle of 25 licenses at a very low price.
Purchasing a DeskProto LicenseThe distribution of DeskProto (all editions) is completely Internet based: all items needed are available via the website or by email. When purchasing a license (via our webshop or via a reseller) the user receives a registration code by email.
The software can be downloaded from the website. This will start the Free edition: you can use your registration code to unlock the functionality of the higher edition license that you bought. Manuals can be downloaded from the website as well (as PDF files). Also see the Tutorial video's.