Download easy CAM software
The DeskProto Expert Edition, for complete 3-axis CNCIn the Expert edition all DeskProto options for CNC machining are available - except for the rotation axes. The result is a CAM program that allows you to produce even the most complicated models.
A few of the features that the Expert Edition offers you:
- Two different user-interfaces: the wizards to get you started, and the dialogs to exploit all options
- Extremely fast calculations, also for complex geometries
- Large STL files are possible: 500 MB is no problem, for the 64 bits version even several GB
- 2D machining (STL, EPS, AI), 3D machining (STL), and bitmap machining all in one program
- The ability to freely add cutters, machines and postprocessors
- A very intuitive user-interface.
Banner advertisement for DeskProto, featuring a locomotive scale model.
DeskProto Expert applicationsThe DeskProto Expert Edition is meant for professional users whose profession is not CNC machining. Like designers and model makers needing a prototype, artists for a sculpture, medics for a brace, etc.
DeskProto can be combined with any 3D CAD program, and with any CNC milling machine.
Using DeskProto you can create a model in many ways:
Functionality in DeskProto ExpertThe DeskProto Expert Edition includes all functions shown for the Entry Edition.
In addition the following extra functions are available:
- Limit the area to be machined using a (freeform) segment
- Dynamic feed rate control: automatically reduce for high chip-loads. Also called the "Bit Saver feature"
- Many machining strategies available (see below)
- Inverse milling: machine a cavity that fits the geometry in the STL file
- Add support blocks, needed when machining from several sides or with a rotation axis
- Meander/climb/conventional, Ambient skipping, Collet collision check, ...
- For 2D machining you can project the 2D contour on the 3D geometry
- For Bitmap machining you can project the bitmap relief on the 3D geometry
DeskProto Expert offers a large number of Milling Strategies for the toolpaths: see the illustrations below.
Available Milling Strategies in the DeskProto Expert Edition:
Parallel to X , Parallel to Y , Parallel to X, angled
Crosswise , Crosswise, angled
Block , Block, angled
Circular , Circular with corners
Spiral , Radial
Waterlines (constant Z) , Contour only (smoothing contour) , Offset (contour-parallel)
Purchasing a DeskProto LicenseThe distribution of DeskProto (all editions) is completely Internet based: all items needed are available via the website or by email. When purchasing a license (via our webshop or via a reseller) the user receives an registration code by email.
The software can be downloaded from the website. This will start the Free edition: you can use your registration code to unlock the functionality of the higher edition license that you bought. Manuals can be downloaded from the website as well (as PDF files). Also see the Tutorial video's.