Tips and Tricks for DeskProto users
Various suggestions for DeskProto usersThis page lists a number of suggestions that might be useful for you. For instance when connecting DeskProto to a certain machine, or when working with a certain 3D CAD program. Please browse the list below to see if you can find anything that is useful for you.
Search option of this website to find the information you need: the magnifying glass above the menu left of this text is the search button. The search also covers these Tips and Tricks.
Other sources of information on this website are the FAQ, and the User Forum, which uses it's own search option.
1. Tips on integration with certain CAD programs.How to buy, editions, prices, licenses, etc.
2. Tips and Tricks when using DeskProto.
- What to do when your machine is not listed
- Updating the Windows graphics display driver
- Various editing tools for STL files
- Positioning your geometry in the cylinder block, for rotation-axis machining
- Rotation axis along Y (instead of along X, as DeskProto assumes)
- Preventing that a ballnose cutter will travel below the bottom of the part